Sunday, January 01, 2006

Goodbye 2005

I can't believe it. It's only 8 second to the New Year and I'm spending it on line writing this post. I'll disconnect and come back after kissing the family happy new year and will tell you everything.
It's 11:58
BRB
So… officially

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I just have a few words to say, not to me not to you not to anyone but 2005

It's going to be a long post…
The kids are in bed (my cousins)
The adult are with their Champaign's glasses
Me… writing this post without any glass (I'm a bit religious)
12:09
First off all I want to review 2005

I welcomed 2005 with my little sister babysitting our cousins in Amman/Jordan. We were watching Harry Potter (all the parts that we could get on DVDs). Then their parents, my big sister with her fiancé accompanied us at 4 am.

It was my first new year with my parents.

Then I'll jump to other thing… it was my first new year as "single" for 6 years. I bit lonely but I got over it.

In 2005 I had the chance to do marvelous things that I dreamt of for so long.
I sang on the stage. I acted the lead part in a drama. I record my song in a studio (a song against smoking).
In 2005 I faced one of my deepest fears and stud in front of a large audience and sang. It was in the center of the University of Petra.

That's about the fun

For my study, I had my graduation in this year. And I have to add I'm proudly one of the best students in 2005 winter (my name was the 5th in the list near the collage gate) and 2005 fall (my name was the 1st and it's still on the board). I graduated with average 3.46/4.

In 2005 I had a wonderful, caring, funny group and my best friends were Ghada H. and Ali R. Thanks for being one of the best friends I had both of you. We hanged out almost everyday and had real fun.

In 2005, I took a course in "Critical Approaches to Literature" in this course I read few books (chapters) bye Plato and Socrates and I liked them. And I took a course in "Shakespeare and His Age". In this course I read Shakespeare's life and three of his dramas ( King Lear, The 12th night, and Macbeth). The other courses I enjoyed were "Socio- & Psycholinguistics", "Applied Linguistics", "Renaissance Drama".

The other two courses were not in my major were "Aesthetics" and "Music & Drama in teaching". In these two courses I learnt a lot of things not only about teaching or history but also about humanity.

In 2005 my big sister got engaged. I wish her all the best in her life.

In 2005 I left Jordan and flied to UAE.
Here in UAE, I took the Art course and painted some good paintings, sculpture a very good sculptures, made a lousy ceramic peaces. Now I know that I'm really talented and I have to develop this gift and work harder to present perfect works.

In 2005, I faced the real world and understood the harshness of being "not a student" (in searching for a scholarship or searching for a job). I'm still trying to find a temporary job.

What else in 2005?
I created this blog and I am trying to post as much as I can start.

2005 was another year in keeping a promis I made in 1998 and I didn't stop praying for God since then.

Still 2005 and the occupation forces are in Iraq.

That's all for now but I'll add more soon.
So .. all I want to say is thanks to you 2005 for coming and bringing all the joy and thanks to you 2005 for leaving and hopping that you'll take all the sorrows.
Goodbye 2005

Take care all
Wish you all a happy 2006

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post, Attawi, till now your post is the best one I read in 2006..

Happy new year..

Drew

1/02/2006 4:47 PM  
Blogger attawie said...

Thanks Drew
I'll add more about my wishes for 2006

Happy new year all

1/02/2006 5:34 PM  
Blogger ahmed said...

WOW!
You sang on stage...
i'm still trying to convince friends to play with me....
you are my idol!

hey i so wanna talk to you, when are u online?

1/03/2006 1:25 AM  
Blogger John said...

Hi there, I'm just browsing looking for Color Dream Interpretation. Although this post isn't exactly what I wanted it was interesting and enjoyable.

1/03/2006 8:07 PM  
Blogger attawie said...

Hi Kid..
Yes I sang on the stage twice this year in the University you can read all about it in a previous post "Once Upon a time I was a singer".
About chatting, I'm a bit busy these days, holidays sesons.

Hi John, Thank your for reading. this post wasn't what I had in mind too. It was something before I wrote it but then I had to go back and forth as you know for the big moment of the two years 2005/06.

Greetings

1/03/2006 8:42 PM  
Blogger Morbid Smile said...

Hey girl!

Great year for all the graduates indeed!! You had great achievments in 2005, but I'm not surprised at all the good things you did. That's just YOU! :)


Yes, I can't believe that we met in 2001, and now it's 2006! We've been best friends for five years now! I still remember every single day we spent together. I pray that you get the scholarship you applied to, you really really really deserve it. I have a future-project for you though. You will write novels, and I will analyze them!! My major at the U.S. will be Modern Novel, so your future works inshallah will be part of my work :) Always bounded.


The electricity is dreadful in Baghdad now, but I hope to catch you online soon. I miss you so much my friend.

1/05/2006 1:23 AM  
Blogger attawie said...

Haneen..
Of course we'll always be bounded. I remember when we used to make fun of everybody around us. I look at our pictures and remember each story behind each one.

Happy New Year of friendship
take care

1/05/2006 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home