Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Blessed or Doomed

Greetings for all.

I've been away from posting regular post and I'm only publishing poems I write, But that doesn't mean I have nothing to say. On the contrary, I have so much to say and I don't know from where to begin. It's definitely won't be politics… it's not my topic. Nor religion… it's a personal relationship between each human and the God. So… as usual it leaves me with the general thoughts that I have about the world.

I was thinking, how any one could tolerate living in Iraq. How people are going on and say we are still alive there???

I was eating my favorite breakfast (pancake) today when we were talking about how it's going on in Iraq and I said something simple that I don't even remember and my mother told me to forget about Baghdad and forget even dreaming of going there.

I can't help it. I can't pretend I don't care what's happening to my country and home-fellows. I can't say it's my homeland and that's it. What homeland is anyway? I understand it's the place where I was born. It's the place where I learned to speak, walk, think and do anything I know. It's the place where I had my best friends. And that's what keeps me thinking of Baghdad…friends, family and those beloved people.

Sometimes I say it's not fair Iraqis are suffering this way. Then it makes me say what is fair in this world?

Thinking of wars and the conflicts all over the world and the natural disasters… which one is better to live under wars with the bullets everywhere, apache flying over our heads, tank wandering our streets… or disasters like floods, earthquakes, or plagues?

I 'felt' four earth- not quakes but secondarily shakes that results from enormous earthquakes- and that made me thank God of the bliss we had in Iraq and being away from all that. But those people who experiment real disasters like in Pakistan, Iran, the States or other places did felt?

Do they think why us? Do they say why nature is angry with us? This might shake many people's faith. (I don't want to add other question

Back to wars- which I was born during one and raised and lived my life during the other- don't we say why us? It's not nature this time. It's others' fault –leaders mainly. One lousy decision and we are all down. Why shouldn't they be punished for their own deeds? Now tell me "Does that lead to faith or blaspheme?"

I'm glad to say people in Iraq are still holding on and have faith even more than ever.

That's the way of the world. We don't know if we are blessed or doomed.

Sometimes it's only one car away to be blessed in the case of car bombing, or a house away and even one minute away to be blessed.

All I have to say now is I pray God bless everyone in Iraq. No one deserve to live a life like this and it's not even a life.

4 Comments:

Blogger A. Damluji said...

5 seconds away, and two cars..

i wasnt away from death, it just wasnt meant for me.

everyone has his time to go.

Cheers friend.. no use crying over spilled milk. Our land, or at least what we knew of it, has gone. it will take many years for it to return.. and i dont have enough endurance to go through all that, call me a quitter, but i am fed up. i want to live at least a year of my life in peace.

Cheers again Attawie, take care.

12/28/2005 12:34 AM  
Blogger attawie said...

I might be called a quitter too but sometimes it makes me sick to stop caring.

I lived the war and hated every single minute, every little sound and I just want everything over. There's no place like home. I've been wandering for two years and lived in many houses but I can't call it home.

As you and Haneen say: Cheers.

12/28/2005 12:46 PM  
Blogger ahmed said...

all I remember about being in Jordan is how i missed being in Iraq, it may be the land of the bomb right now but i love it.
I can relate to what you are saying, the imbalance u feel when u cross that border is unbearable. I would rather die here than live there.

Hang in there, sis.
p.s. find some Iraqi friends. that's the only way you'll ever feel a sense of rejoice.

Cheerios

12/28/2005 11:24 PM  
Blogger attawie said...

It's was so hard to leave Baghdad and when I crossed the border to Jordan I was looking all around me and keeping the scense in my mind.

When I used to go to the university in Jordan I look around me and look to the sign "East Amman" and open the window and say this air is coming from Iraq.

Now in UAE I feel I'm so faraway. I know only two Iraqi family and some single friends but everybody is bussy with their work, it's the way of the world.

That what made me creat this blog and meat you guys.

Thanks for your advise.
Greetings for all

12/29/2005 12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home