Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hopeful Smile

Oh how I miss blogging!

A lot has been going on lately, unfortunately that means more secrets to hide from you. I feel like writing the story of my life but that's too early I guess. Time would shape my perspective and prove me either right or wrong. That's why the story shall wait as well as proceed. Since you're here I'll share bits and pieces of this story.

Today I received my MBA (General Management) degree from the States, finally! I've been waiting since April. I got an A for my thesis and a GPA of 3.67 *bows for applause*

Earlier, I shared with you that I applied for a double major but things did not work. Months passed, while I was in the process of writing my thesis, I was informed that my wish to do double major was answered and the dean approved it. Had to do extra courses and take a course from EMBA program. All went great -al hamdulillah- and here I am in the process of writing my second thesis.

The second specialization is in HR and my thesis is about Blogging and the use of Intranet Blogs in organizations. That's why I've been reading tens of blogs and online publishing about Blogs. I don't have hard copy of references (books or journals). The topic is new and there are books but most of them study blogs as a phenomena in marketing, PR, and organizational image. Thanks to David, who helped me over a year back with finding references for my Organizational Communication course when I made a presentation about the Revolution of Blogs in OC. I was really fascinated by the topic and that's why I had to adopt it for HR and spend extra effort to achieve what I have in mind regarding the topic.

:)

That's all for now
Wish me luck

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger David said...

You are a very secretive girl Attawie! ;)

Congratulations on receiving your MBA! That is an excellent accomplishment! I applaud your thesis "A" and your very high GPA. :)

You are welcome. I am glad that I could help you. :)

Good luck with your second thesis!

9/29/2009 10:36 AM  
Blogger nadia alkhafaji said...

i will have my copy then... :)

9/29/2009 10:40 AM  
Blogger Dr.Human said...

Congratulations attawie , I am very happy to you . And I wish you all the best .
you deserve it ^__^

9/29/2009 4:09 PM  
Blogger Marshmallow26 said...

Congrats Attawie, these are good news inshalla yom el Phd :)

9/29/2009 7:44 PM  
Anonymous سحاب said...

أظن انني استغللت المدونات ابشع استغلال بعملي لمجموعة مدونات بعنوان ملاجئ الموت
بعد ان عجزت كل المنظمات ان تتقدم خطوة واحدة في مجال حقوق الانسان في العراق والجرائم التي حدثت فيه
وهي مجموعة في هذه المدونة
http://3shelters.blogspot.com

9/29/2009 9:48 PM  
Blogger زهرة الراوي said...

مبارك حبيبتي ..
الله ييسرلج الرسالة الثانية ويوفقج لكل ما فيه الخير إن شاء الله ..

الأخ سحاب..
بل أفضل إستغلال إن شاء الله .. بارك الله فيك وجزاك خيراً.. على الأقل أنت تخبر الناس، وهناك الكثير من الجهلةالذين يحتاجون لمدوناتك..

9/29/2009 11:34 PM  
Blogger Khalid from iraqiblogupdates.blogspot.com/ said...

Dear Sister,

Congratulationس and I wish you all the success in your future.

والله الموفق

9/30/2009 11:37 PM  
Blogger moonlight said...

Attawie!!!! Congrats!!! Mabrooooook :D I'm so happy to hear all this and good luck with your thesis, Inshallah you'll do great!!!!!

:)

10/03/2009 9:12 AM  
Blogger attawie said...

Thank you all for your sweet words :)

الأخ سحاب
اهلا بك في مدونتي, اكرر ما تفضلت به اختي زهرة لان الوعي العام و توعية المجتمع تتطلب اهتمام الجميع

في اول ايام الاحتلال كان عدد المدونين العراقين ينعد على الكف الواحدة الا انهم استطاعوا ان يلفتوا اهتمام الناس في العالم و خاصة امريكا على ما يحدث من جرائم داخل العراق و كان لهم اثر كبير في تغيير الاعلام و اصبحوا محط اهتمام الصحف و قنوات الاخبار

وفقك الله لكل خير

10/04/2009 9:23 PM  
Blogger MixMax said...

First of all I want to send my congratulations on receiving your MBA.

Second, I wish you all the best in your research and please let me know if you need any help or assistance. I will be more than happy to help.

I saw many familiar faces commenting and I am glad to be part of the group gathering and sharing their good wishes and honest feelings with you. For that reason, please allow me to tell Sahab something through your blog "brother, you didn't ruin anything. You proved that in Iraq there are still honest, courageous and noble people who never fear and always tell the truth. I know it is difficult, but don't you ever give up, never, because me and many others are supporting you 100%"

Attawie, my best wishes again, and from my heart I wish you happiness and forever success.

10/08/2009 3:14 PM  
Blogger IRAQI SPIRIT said...

Dear, I’m not sure if receive my comment or not if not I hope you send me Hint.
Otherwise I know that my words not welcomed here.
Regards

10/08/2009 6:17 PM  
Blogger IRAQI SPIRIT said...

Dear Attawi.
It's so nice to hear that you get your MBA because that what we need to build our home, I think you has work on good subject and maybe It's the first time there is thesis about Blogging and the use of Intranet Blogs in organizations. Really, you need to work hard, wish you all the best in climbing your Dream Mountain. And remember you have friends if you need anything.Many thinks for the hint.
All the time Pioneers

10/09/2009 10:13 PM  
Blogger attawie said...

Mixmax,
Thanks a lot for your wishes.

Iraqi Spirit,
Actually there are a lot of theses written about blogs but most of them are about Marketing and Public Relation issues. Hopefully I'll write something good.

I just checked that comment on Nawfal's blog.

Dear friends and bloggers,
As for my study I'm working on a questionnaire and planning to share with you to fill soon inshalla.
thanks for your support.

10/13/2009 6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home