Thursday, October 18, 2007

Ear Story!

Warning: silly, boring, personal anecdote.

Just few minutes ago something freakishly funny happened to me. I was sitting in the living room trying to cheer up myself by watching “so you thing you can dance” the rerun of the first season. I was just sitting on the couch indifferently, rubbing my soured ear, when something weird shocked me.

Years back, when I was just about 9 I think, I had my ear pierced. The left ear had always given me sufferance because it was the first to be pierced and I was really scared. Therefore the hole was a bit aslope. Ever since, I had sensitive ears that I had to wear real gold or silver earrings.

Years passed and I was tempted by fashion and I got myself many earrings which were neither gold nor silver. It wasn’t a problem as I used to wear them for couple of hours and that was it.

Last week my right ear was souring. It’s because of the new earrings I got for Eid, which I wore most of the times. But still I would wear them anywhere. Anyway, Today I woke up early, went out for some paperwork, got back home, did my chores, and started studying which didn’t last long. My parents got home, we had dinner and there I was lazily in front of the TV when I remembered that I still have my earrings on. I took them off and started rubbing my ears. I didn’t want to leave my earrings on the coffee table because I knew I would forget them SO I decided to wear them on again. I watched the X-files, Mom’s favorite show, and then F.R.I.E.N.D.S, my favorite show. Then “So you think you can dance” started and the pain was back. I took the earrings of and there was something wrong with my right ear. There was a one single hair that when I pull it made my ear aches. That’s when I asked my mother’s help to check it for me. That one single hair came out of my ear-pierce! The only idea I have is that when I wore the earring on again it must have stuck on it and got into the hole.

With the help of my parents; dad holding the megascopic, and mom pulling the hair, the operation was thankfully successful.

There you go lazy people. I believe this is a sign :P

Cheers

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A sign for 2 things.

1. Next time use a mirror when putting earrings on. ;)

2. I doubt it has anything to do with how the lobe got pierced; my left one has a very... interesting... angle as well cos the guy piercing my ears was... let's say incompetent.
Once I got used to the angle I didn't have any more problems with that ear than with the other.
But.
Both of my ears get very, very icky and painful if I wear metal earrings.
I have a nickel allergy, plain and simple. And in or at an earhole my body reacts way more vilolent then it does to, say, the button of a jeans rubbing against my belly.
My guess is you have the same or a similar problem (some people can only wear gold, and not even silver!), so for your health you should stick to gold or silver jewelery, really.

10/18/2007 11:10 PM  
Blogger David said...

Your story was not boring Attawie. :) I never heard of a hair being passed through an ear piercing! I would bet that if you deliberately tried to do that 100 times, you would not succeed. ;)

When I read your first paragraph, I was confused for a moment. I was not sure what a soured ear is. I imagined an ear hugely swollen and colored with deep shades of blue and purple! Then a few paragraphs later I realized that you must have meant that your ear was sore. Sour is a flavor, like the taste of lemon juice. ;)

I think Mel may be right that you have an allergy to nickel. I have heard of that and I know someone with the same problem. If you have the allergy, it is not only ear rings that may bother you, but other types of wearable metallic items. For example, the back of many watches is stainless steel. Nickel is one of the additives to stainless steel that makes it rust proof. So, do you wear a watch? Does the back irritate your arm?

I am amazed that your mom's favorite show is The X-Files! I watched that show too. Sometimes it was very scary! I think that most Americans believe that our government has not told the true story about what happened at Roswell, New Mexico. Maybe some aliens really did crash! Well, whatever really happened, there is a lot of evidence of a massive cover-up. Elderly witnesses (they were young in the 1940's) to debris from the crash have testified in recent years that military people threated to kill them if they talked! So, I don't think whatever crashed was just a weather balloon. Anyway, The X-Files is a fun show if you like to be scared and can tolerate a lot of gore. ;)

10/19/2007 8:16 AM  
Blogger Michomeme said...

سلامة اذنج اتاوييييييي

10/24/2007 11:00 PM  
Blogger attawie said...

@ Mel,
1. who needs a mirror after all these yeas! but with a sored ear sure.

2. It surely has nothing to do with how the lobe got pierced because it's the other ear :P
the left one is with the angle.

about the metal thing. I'm not sure because if I wear other than silver and gold for a short time there's no problem. maybe the nickel thing is right.

@ David,
Of course it wasn't borring for you when you read soured ear :D
I'm not going to edit that. it's funny.
BTW, i don't have problem wearing watches and other wearable metalic items :)

@ Micho,
تسلمين.. شكراً

10/28/2007 5:09 PM  
Blogger A. Damluji said...

lucky you: i cant wear anything silver or nickel for even few hours before my finger starts to get red or itch, and whats worse, somehow i manage to oxidize the silver, and i get black rings around my finger, so i just stopped wearing rings altogether :)

salamat! oh and how is your pc now?

11/15/2007 4:45 AM  
Blogger attawie said...

Anarki, So you don't wear your ring?!
My pc, don't get me started. It's killing me. the Adobe reader is not working. I have the latest and still not working.
the connection is really really slow and I'm still waiting for the DSL guy to come.
the folder manager as you said is gone. I'll cry now NAAAAA

11/18/2007 5:07 PM  
Blogger David said...

I hope you can get your computer working again soon Attawie, and your DSL installed. Too bad Anarki can't make a house call to fix everything for you! ;) About Adobe, I tried to use a new version, but it was not compatible with my old operating system. Maybe you could try downloading an older version of Adobe. Here is a great web site for older versions of programs:

http://www.oldapps.com/

I got my older Adobe Reader from this site. Look under the "Office and Editing" section.

Good Luck! :)

11/20/2007 11:43 PM  
Blogger ahmed said...

كييب أون رايتينك.

حمودي

11/22/2007 1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home