Monday, April 09, 2007

Fourth Year, Worst so far

Whoever those people may be, the people who nowadays sketch the scheme in Iraq, they must have studied Abraham Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs very well and acted upon it. Since April 9, 2003, the policy in Iraq appears to be almost based on this theory. It's the policy of "What to do to hurt this nation more?" I bet they sit, looking at this philosophy and try to be creative someway of another. Here's my analysis of what's going on according to Maslow's Hierarchy

First of all prevent people from getting their elementary needs: food, water and other bodily needs. I don't mean there's no food but I mean making it difficult to get. High-prices is one of those problems but considering the whole picture, prices seem a trivial thing.

Then the second level: deprive people from obtaining safe environment. No security, no protection from physical and emotional harms. Those explosions and bombs planted on the sidewalk sum most of the problems. People get hurt either because of being injured or losing loved ones.

The third level under all this chaos and absence of security there's no social life. People can't communicate with friends and family.

The fourth level: Esteem. Who can attain self-esteem when all one can feel is helplessness and failure? Who can be autonomous under the above circumstances?

The fifth level which is the most important: Self-actualization. To realize one's dream, to be able to grow emotionally and mentally, to achieve one's potential and self-fulfillment.
All the words become illusions when the dream is stolen. No motivation, no satisfied needs to activate Motivation. This "M word" scares the big planner. This is the word that makes "puppets" rebel against "the puppeteer" and cut all the strings attached. I doubt it if they were the real puppeteer because they seem to be nothing more than puppets themselves. And for the numerous militias in Iraq, I do believe they don't know that the same "Puppeteer" is controlling them.
That's why they want big religious men to declare Fatwa against resistance and killing invaders. While it's a "civil rights" to defend one's country against occupation forces, as described in one of the UN entries, and the UN had admitted that it is an occupation.

Back to the question "What to do to hurt this nation more?" Let's change the passports. They will be busy trying to get new passports, whether they are inside or outside Iraq. Let's block avenues, streets, and highways; there will be enough traffic jam to imprison them at home, away from home or just to waste a good deal of their time. Let's wage a war against Bathist, what the heck? This could be the easiest as approximately two thirds of Iraqis were members in that party, voluntarily or reluctantly, starting from students in high school to teachers, professors, government employees, to name a few. Let alone the several militias trying to turn it into street fights.
I believe this is the Policy of hungering & Stealing the dream. This policy itself deserves applause in the world of Hatred and Evil, where demons study hard to obtain and master this degree of Hideousness.

Here's what I wrote last year "Neither a fall nor liberty Day", and I still insist on that.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,
I hope you are having a pleasant day so far. I thought you might be interested in a new site. www.iraqhasavoice.com is a new web site dedicated to collecting open letters from the Iraqi people to the American people. We accept and post all letters. We would love to have your participation.
With peace,
~Josh

4/09/2007 8:24 PM  
Blogger A. Damluji said...

i agree with you.
either intentionally or not, things are continually going down Down DOWN back home..

i just hope we DO hit rock bottom, and SOON, because from there its only one way. Up.
then again, i'm an optimist.

moueeb. that's the word verification i got just now :D

4/10/2007 2:28 AM  
Blogger David said...

Attawie, it has been some time since I thought of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. I learned about them back when I was studying psychology. Thanks for the chance to review them! :)

Well, as the Hierarchy applys to Iraq, it is quite sad that it does indeed seem to be operating in reverse! The people of big cities like Baghdad and Mosul have gone from self-actualization, high levels of esteem, and social interaction, to just trying to satisfy basic needs. A first world culture has been reduced to a third world one in many respects. The modern day equilivant of Pandora's Box has been opened, unleashing all sorts of evils upon Iraq. I am sure that life was difficult under Saddam, but it is definitely far worse now!

Last night, I read Baghdad Treasure's new post. His father can't get to the hospital. No one will take him there. Everyone is afraid to go out. Everyone is afraid to help other people. Fear is the destroyer of hope!

Today, I saw the news of the huge demonstration in Najaf. Now, I am no fan of Muqtada Sadr, but at least these people have overcome their fears and turned out in huge numbers. They must have felt very empowered! I wish that a great number of Baghdadis, both Sunni and Shia could join together in a huge demonstration in favor of peace and reconciliation. There must be a spark that helps the people to overcome their fears. I wish it could happen!

4/10/2007 7:18 AM  
Blogger programmer craig said...

David,

Last night, I read Baghdad Treasure's new post. His father can't get to the hospital. No one will take him there. Everyone is afraid to go out. Everyone is afraid to help other people. Fear is the destroyer of hope!

Baghdad Treasure is a supporter of the insurgency. If the insurgency makes Iraqis too afraid to help his father, he should ask his insurgent friends to help him.

I have no sympathy for BT. He is part of the problem in Iraq.

As for the followers of Al Sadr feeling empowered... David, come on. You must know that the Mahdi Army is the largest and most powerful for the various militias. What do they have to be afraid of? They are the ones committing the most of the mayhem in areas like Najaf. The only thing they have to fear is the US military, but they know the US military will not attack a "peaceful" protest.

Attawie, who do you think the puppet master is? Logically, it has to be somebody who benefits from the anarchy and mayhem in Iraq, right? Who would that be, in your opinion?

PS-I'm not trying to imply it's Iran in the above question, if anybody is wondering :)

4/11/2007 12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello and thanks for your blog. I am an American living in Singapore. I am also a veteran of the Vietnam war and so have some idea of the horrors that the American occupation has brought to your country and your people.

As I hope you are aware, the vast majority of Americans do not support the occupation and hate what our president has inflicted upon your people. We believe that, like all peoples, Iraqis have a God given right to self determination and that you are perfectly capable of handling it.

Please don't lose your hope. We have faith that the new Democratic congress will force the president to change his insane policies and get out of your country once and for all. We don't like to see our young soldiers die even for a just cause, let alone for an ill conceived war based on an invented lie.

We are not all devils, believe me, and while it may sound trite, we too are the victims of a few power hungry, greedy war profiteers as you are.
Keep the faith. Our prayers are with you and our hopes for a peaceful and fruitful future for you and your generations to come.

4/11/2007 7:20 AM  
Blogger programmer craig said...

why would a self-described expatriate be claiming to speak with any moral authority about a country he disliked so much he left? We are all evil devils, Brian, that's why you decided you'd be happier living in Singapore, remember?

Why don't you talk about your adopted homeland, instead of the one you abandoned? You don't speak for us. You claim you understand Iraqis because you served in Vietnam (does not compute but oh well) - I think Iraqis understand what an ex-pat is, too. They've had to deal with their share of them. And Iraqi expats had a *reason* to leave Iraq. What was your reason for leaving the United States, Brian? Everyone else is trying to come here.

4/11/2007 9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Craig, I think you need to reread my post. Or brush up on your English .Nowhere did I say that I left the US because I disliked it. Nor did I say that I left because Americans are all devils. Nor did I insist that I have any moral authority. What I do have is a right to comment here just as you do. So don't try to put words in my mouth or change my comment.

I love the US, always have. What I hate is the arrogance and criminality of the current cartel.
I also did not say that I understand Iraquis. (can you even read, Craig?) I said I had some idea of the horrors the occupation had caused in Iraq.

I came to Singapore to be with my lady and to live in a safe environment. Its that simple.

I don't know if you are Iraqi or what and I can't go to your restricted blog to find out but I suspect you are. If so, I spent the first 55 years of my life living in the US, was educated there, spent 3 years in its army, one year in its war, have voted in every election and due to that, probably have a little bit better understanding of that country than you do.

I never even hinted that I understood Iraq or Iraqis, but you seem to think you have a profound understanding of the US.

Not everyone is trying to go to the US. Everyone is a lot of people isn't it, Craig? Fact is, there are thousands upon thousands of Americans who choose to live outside the US for any number of reasons.

Lastly, please don't try to tell me what to write about and what not to. I am a commenter and will write what I want. If the blogger wants to delete my comment, so be it. But try not to distort what others say, Craig. It causes confusion and misunderstanding and that only leads to larger problems. With that said, I stand by my earlier post and what I ACTUALLY said.

4/12/2007 3:08 AM  
Blogger Caesar of Pentra said...

Thanks alot for mailing me!
Good luck with your study!

4/13/2007 3:35 PM  
Blogger attawie said...

Interesting what has been going on in here.

Anarki,
I think we DID hit rock bottom, after Sarafiya bridge, karbala bombing, and today Jadriya bridge. or maybe the each time we reach the rock bottom another door leading further down is opened.
let's hope the way start our way UP soon.

David, I heard about TB and he e-mailed me back about it. Let's hope that no more tears will be shed after all this horrible days are over.

Craig,
"Baghdad Treasure is a supporter of the insurgency"
"I have no sympathy for BT. He is part of the problem in Iraq."

Then you may consider me another part of the problem.
or whatever, I believe I have many friends in here to reply to those words you just wrote.
everytime I try to be poilte with you and reply nice words but once you'll be polte enough and would not insult my friends in my blog then I will be.

expat Brian,
I understand you mean about American. I have many good friens from the States and I know they don't support the war in Iraq.

we Iraqi do separate between the American administration and the American people.
don't mind Craig, he's just like that.
oh and welcome to Attawie's blog.

4/14/2007 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home