Thursday, February 15, 2007

Post-Valentine Post

The week was hectic. Classes to finish the syllabus, followed by terminal exams, deadlines for presentations and submitting papers but still Valentine was the main topic of the week. Lecturers included it as an example almost in each class. Seasonal and events promotion for marketing was the best example. Students bragged about their plans and surprises and preparations. They were asking each others about that and even the receptionist asked me about My plans!


| View Show | Create Your Own

No plans, no surprises, nothing at all. Not just Attawie doesn’t have a valentine date but she doesn't even believe in it.
I know people take the chance to express their love. And I'm not anti-valentine but it's a day for Christians and most probably lovers.

So, back to what happened on Valentine's Day.
Fist thing was to wash the dishes and vacuum. Then washing the linens (though the washing machine did pretty job about that). Clean the room which was really messy (I know. give me a break. I had exams). Receiving several phone calls, including one from Baghdad. Then got online chatted with 2 of my best friends (one in Baghdad and the other in Kuwait)
During the day I had the radio on hoping to listen to something good after being addicted to 3 Doors Down. (Only Illegal by Shakira and Santana, 3 Doors Down latest single, wow I know I'm lucky. and Hinder's Lips of an Angle). I heard the news about Muqtada being in Iran for almost two weeks without announcing it earlier. *something's fishy out there*

Watched Much Music for a while and saw Bryan Adams have you ever really loved a women for the first time. I know that sounds weird. I might be the biggest fan of Bryan but never really bothered to watch videos. I guess it's a good opportunity to brag about me attending one of his concerts. He was few meters away from me as if he was singing only for me. I screamed that day that my voice disappeared for several days.
Then I watched friends. The episodes when Ross knows Rachel still have feelings for him while he wants is have a cat with Jolly. Hilarious.

My parents got home, decided to go to Ikea. We're considering redecorating our home. It took us an hour to get there. The radio played a good part during that period; thanks to total request line.

There were many guys and girls distributing red roses in the mall but no one bumped into us. We spent about two hours in Ikea. I bought a ram (a stand for painting). We lost our way to our car then one of the roses guys bumped into us. Now I have two read roses. Then we lost our way trying to go home. Then we went to Spinney's for some shopping.

Then we got home (how many "Then"s did I use?). My parents went to bed and I spent the night watching part of One Fine Day ( love this movie). Then switched to So You Think You Can Dance (Couldn't catch the whole show but the good news Dimetry and James are safe for this week). Then watched the BAFTA, followed by Scrubs. I wanted to put the ram together but it needed some hammer work so I decided to leave it for the morning. It was around 2:30 AM after all (I know it's too late but I think lately I've been rather a night-person). So I listened to 3 Doors Down AGAIN. And then off to bed.

Today I washed the dishes and put together the ram with a bit help from my dad. Without him I might be hammering till the next Valentine's Day. I did most of the job except for the hammering thing which I tried first but didn't work out. I discovered I'm a dexterous girl. That reminds me of the word Dixie. I thought it was driven from the word "dexterity". I thought this makes me the next Dixie Chic (BTW Dixie Chicks got many Grammies wow). Yeah I can see myself taking a Grammy for the same song that I would be nominated for an Oscar for the best soundtrack song. Oh and you might be wondering in which movie. It's a new one and I'm starring in it and nominated for the best lead actress too. *wake ups and yawns* I know what you're thinking about but Hello can't a girl dream??? I remembered the whole blab about dreaming and setting not too high expectations nor too low.
That's all for now
Je'taim anchor
...................................
I just like this song

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger A. Damluji said...

hmm..i was interested in "the last king of scotland" since ages, once i heard Forest Whitaker was in there it immediately became a must-see (on pirated DVD)
also,
Wish i was in Dixie

take care, salam to all. sorry for the short comment but i gotta sleep. :)

2/16/2007 8:11 AM  
Blogger David said...

It is interesting that so many people would be interested in Valentine's Day in the U.A.E. A lot of young Iranians are interested too, from what I have heard. Well, I suppose that a day to celebrate love should have a universal appeal. :) In America it is certainly not just Christians who celebrate the holiday!

Attawie, I think that anyone who can paint and sculpt as well as you has to be born with very high dexterity! :)

I can tell you all about the word "Dixie". Dixie is a word used to refer to the Southern States of America that separated from The U.S. to form the Confederacy during the American Civil War. The State of Alabama, where I mostly grew up, is known by the nick name "Heart of Dixie" because the capitol of the Confederacy was located in there. The Dixie Chicks are from the South, but I don't know which State. I like those Chicks because they took a very courageous and public stand against the war in Iraq a couple of years ago! I am sure that they would be happy to have you as an honorary Dixie Chick. :)

2/16/2007 9:09 AM  
Blogger A. Damluji said...

they're from somewhere in Texas.

nice vocals on them, but i'm not very very interested in country :D

2/18/2007 12:09 AM  
Blogger attawie said...

anarki,
"The last king of Scotland" is on my must list too. I saw Rv the other day and half of Happy Feet. And I still have half a dozen of DVDs that I haven't seen yet. Hopefully soon as I finished exams.
Actually I'm not interested in Dixie Chicks but Like their vocals too.

David,
I knew about the meaning of Dixie, I checked it when I was writing the post.

It seems only you both guys comment these days.
Thank you

2/18/2007 5:26 PM  
Blogger David said...

Hi Attawie, since you would like a piece of my banana nut bread :), let me give you a link to my post about baking. The recipe for the bread is there. Ok, here is a link. Maybe you can practice baking from my recipe. :) Eating it is more fun, though! ;)

2/20/2007 1:53 AM  
Blogger Caesar of Pentra said...

Hey, kindly check this....
http://pentra.blogspot.com

2/20/2007 8:10 PM  
Blogger A. Damluji said...

:) for what? come on give us a new post! (which reminds me..i havent checked on Morbid Smile in a decade or so.. will go do so now but please if you contact her give her my regards)

salam to S and everyone, take care Atta.

2/21/2007 6:20 AM  
Blogger Caesar of Pentra said...

I've posted something intersting, & it's important for me to have your say there

2/26/2007 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home