Thursday, February 14, 2008

Paralyzed ... by a song :D

So, where have we been? Nowhere. It’s just the same old same old. This week is my last in the institute of Arts; I have to carry on with my study and finish my MBA. I’m practicing on the wheel for the time being and once I master it I’ll start to design my own potteries.

My grandpa left to Jordan but I’m staying in my small new room. It’s very cozy and closy (winking at my sister who used to mix the latter word with the former). But you know what it is really “closy” because I don’t have to walk through the room to get stuff from the bedside or the closet. I just sit on my chair and wander here and here (no there in the small room).

It’s Valentines again. I was wearing pink today but wasn’t celebrating. Just a coincident. But it reminded me of my teen time. At high school, my friends and I wearing our uniforms, we would wear red socks, red hairpins, and red scarf around our necks and we would hang small red ribbons on our jackets like badges. Exchanging cards and white stuffed bears carrying red hears with tons of I love yous and singing during the breaks some love songs. I guess Valentive form me then was just having fun and hanging out with my gang. Since I finished my high school I never took Valentine seriously. Doing my MBA, today I’m certain that these events serve only marketing strategies.

This year’s valentine’s song for me is “Paralyzed - by Finger Eleven”. Such a rocky song!!! It just makes me want to jump. I haven’t heard such a song for a while now, I guess since KT Tunstall’s “Hold on” and "Good Charlotte - I Don't Wanna Be In Love ”. Lately, I mean the three past days, I’ve been addicted to this song. I keep my radio on most of the times just waiting for it. They play it at least three times a day. I heard it during the morning show, the request lunch show (which is a request line mid-day show), and post-midnight rock. Actually I’m waiting for it right now.

My dad’s birthday was on the 7th this month. I baked him a cake which was too sweet but he likes it that way. I remember last year we had dinner at the “freedom to pay” restaurant, with our friends. This year we didn’t do anything special. The day next was my eldest sister’s birthday. We called her and I enjoyed chatting with her. That day I realized that one more month and I’ll be 25 years old. It seemed yesterday when I was posting about my 23rd birthday. I was almost shocked then to know I was turning 23 and I haven’t felt that I was a grown up.

I’m rambling about many stuff in here and I don’t think I have more to say for. That’s it for now and let’s call it a post.
OMG, the song is on. I'm gone *jumping*

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Caesar of Pentra said...

Hey, so you can access to the net now! So how is our pinky Attawie? Gurl, listen to some rap. Oops, I'm sorry I forgot that you are not listenting to idecent scripts. :P
So, how's the valentine there in UAE? You still haven't posted your photos yet. *mumbles*

2/16/2008 1:07 PM  
Blogger programmer craig said...

Paralyzed-finger eleven

Hey, it's not bad attawie! It sounds very "retro" to me. Hope the fact that I like it doesn't ruin it for you :)

Happy late valentine's day! Hope you had a good one.

2/17/2008 1:39 AM  
Blogger attawie said...

Hi Caesar,
actually the net is on and off here. but for the time being it's working.
I'm not too Pinky but I do like some of her songs. I believe she has a certain point of view and she's trying hard to prove it. and I like those who write their own music or lyrics.
Don't know about how valentine's day went, I stayed home :P

Hi Craig,
I've been marketing for the song for a while now among my friends :D so the fact that you like it just makes me "righter" and you know what? two minutes after I read your comment it was on the radio and I was jumping still, so the song still works for me.

2/17/2008 3:31 PM  
Blogger David said...

I am wondering Attawie, when you finish your studying at the Art Institute, can you still go there as a visiting artist and use their facilities?

Here Valentine's Day is certainly a big marketing opportunity. However, it can be a special day for many people. Couples usually take the opportunity to do nice things for each other like cards, or candy, or dinner out at a nice restaurant. So, there can be real aspects to the day that give pleasure to many people. :)

I don't know the song "Paralyzed" or the band Finger Eleven. I used to really like the song "Jump" by Van Halen. It would get me up and make me want to dance. ;)

I like a sweet tasting cake too. My favorite is white cake with butter creme frosting. My second favorite is German chocolate cake with coconut frosting. Sometimes its hard to stop myself from eating a delicious cake or pie. They taste so good!

2/17/2008 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home