Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Wisdom-free!!!!

So I had that naughty wisdom tooth extracted. Let me tell you how it went:

Woke up, took a shower, had a cheese sandwich, brushed my teeth. oh silly me not that part!!! ok ok stepped into the car, dad drove, reached the clinic, grandpa and I went in, stepped into the clinic... what not that part !!! oh, it's alright. My fault.

Dr. Ahmed received me with a smile, asked me if dad or jido are coming in for support. I answered no. My sister Sosa jumped into my mind. She was there for me during both operations 2005. but this time I don't need anyone. We had a chitchat about the situation in Iraq and how it's getting hard to get a visa to Jordan. We remembered the last time I visited him in his clinic in Baghdad.

Obviously he wanted to ease my mind with his talk because he's not a big chatter and he rarely talks when I pay him a visit. Last time I went which was about three months back I had a sore in my mouth which was killing me. A year back he changed three fillings. oh and those new ones are white ceramic and hard to be noticed.

Back to the subject. I've always liked the patient's chair at the dentists but this one is cooler than any chair ever. It even has a TV screen which makes you feel like sitting in a spaceship. To tell you how it went: Sat on the chair, it was lifted up, glided a bit to the back, I opened my mouth, Dr sprayed anesthesia spray, then came the needle (which I closed my eyes in order not to see, that's the only part that freaks me out, therefore, I don't want to see it so I won't have to feel it, a self denial thing). Dr Ahmed asked me to close my mouth a bit, did something and asked me to wash my mouth.

Straightened the chair, Dr Ahmed said something I couldn't get, was it "Done" or "that's all about it" I didn't get it because my eyes were stuck on that big tooth while still stunned and asked him "You took it out?!!! wow" He gave me instructions about how to deal with the post extraction treatment and food. Before I leave he explained to me how it went on a big poster hanging on the wall.

I can't wait to eat vanilla pudding : )

I'm sitting with a frozen broad beans bag on my cheek because the Mozzarella bag didn't last but few minutes, oh i mean because I forgot to put the icebag in the freezer : )

That's all for now

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Michomeme said...

Teeth, teeth, wisdom teeth, I hate every thing related to the teeth, I had very bad experiences with dentists, part of my wisdom tooth is visible, while the other part is still under the gum. Thanx God that someday before I was forced to remove two of my lower teeth, If it will appear again, I have a place for it...it will fit with my gum..

5/28/2008 10:20 AM  
Blogger David said...

It sounds like your wisdom tooth extraction went very smoothly Attawie. I'm glad you didn't have any difficulty. :)

I never saw a dentist chair with a TV! Did it show you a fish tank screen saver? ;)

I had a filling removed once. I was somewhat worried that I had a very large filling made from mercury and silver. That combination is called amalgam. Well, I heard that the mercury could leach out of the filling and be absorbed into the body. I didn't like that! So, I had the dentist take it out and replace it with a gold filling. I guess the white ceramic is the newest filling technology. I wonder what they do to the ceramic filling to make it tough enough to bite?

I think your readers are going to wonder about the "not that parts" of the story. ;) Well, I am going to imagine that you were so happy after brushing your teeth that you started singing like Julie Andrews. Then after you stepped into the clinic you pirouetted with joy like a prima ballerina. :D

Enjoy your pudding and keep lots of bags of frozen veggies close to hand.

I used to love chocolate pudding mixed with whipped cream. Mmmm, delicious! :)

5/28/2008 10:43 AM  
Blogger Marshmallow26 said...

Oww Attawie salamat 3eeni inshallah you will feel good and get ready for Vanilla Pudding and some chocolate cake peices ;P

C ya

5/28/2008 12:10 PM  
Blogger attawie said...

Micho Michoooo
no teeth, nothing about dentists, forget it. we don't want you upset :D i'll post something new to let you forget all about it soon :D

David,
the tv thing is very cool but I wasn't interested in the channel which was on and I sort of closed my eyes the entire session. but it would be great if they had some cartoons.
Yes, ceramic fillings are the newest. Dr. Ahamad removed the amalgam filling :D a new word for me :D and replace it with the ceramic ones. I remember he told me i could eat on them once i'm home! and he used some kind of ray to fix it. That question I'll ask when I'll see Dr. Ahmed again.

MM,
Glad to see you here, thank you. Actually i already feel gread by now and i enjoyed packs of vanilla pudding and choco pudding. and I'm drinking avocado drink just now :D

tip add mint to that combination and it would feel like a summer breeze :D

take care all, thank you

5/30/2008 10:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Attawie,

Don't worry you'll still be the "Wise One"!

I guess this runs in the family, no room for Wisdome!

Love you...

7/03/2008 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home