Thursday, January 22, 2009

I Wanna Fly

An entire week spent sick in bed! That must be a record for me in the near history. No more feeling down. No more whining. Enough is enough.

Let's refresh the page with something fun. Something I've been dreaming of since I was a child. I dreamed of flying hundreds times maybe and looking at THESE GUYS makes me long for flying even more.

Lately, I've been obsessed with GOOGLE EARTH. To stay in bed all these hours you've got to find yourself a useful way to spend your time. I flied to Baghdad and saw hour home, went to my school again, walked by the Tigris. Oh how I long to go back.

With all what's going on in Gaza, I spent time looking at the small Gaza Strip, the beach, the lands and I keep wondering how can such a huge population live in this small area! God bless them.

I flied almost everywhere, Arab countries, Europe, the Americas, historical places and beautiful lakes around the world. Such an amazing world. Forget about politics. Forget about global worming. The sea has fish to feed every hungry person on earth. The green areas, the basket of foods hanging on zillions of trees. Everything is so beautiful, so perfect, that it gives hope for years ahead.

Surprisingly, I found my self missing Jordan. I looked at Petra and how its pink soil is different from the surrounding areas.

Someday, maybe I'll live and see that day, or maybe not, but life would be much better on this planet and everything will appear as beautiful as it is and peace will be the title of this earth.

That's all for now

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Touta said...

*rushes to google earth*

hope your dreams come true attawie.
:D

1/22/2009 11:16 PM  
Blogger Khalid said...

what a lovely, lovely charming post.

i absolutely loved it.

and the flying guys, Ohhh Myyyy God.

I HAVE TO DO THIS.

I DONT CARE! i am leaving my wife and children and going, i just dont care, i have to fly!

ok, its true i dont have a wife or children, but thats beside the point :P

it just looks amazing.

and did i mention i loved this post very much? :D

and ahooooo, ham touta hnaaa?!!! do you think she is stalking me?!

1/23/2009 4:22 AM  
Blogger David said...

A week is a long time to be sick. I hope you are feeling better now!

I never tried Google Earth before. It sounds like a lot of fun. Maybe someday when I have fast internet I will fly around the Earth as you have done. I'm glad that you could see your home in Baghdad and other places that you enjoyed visiting and would like to visit. :)

1/23/2009 9:56 AM  
Blogger attawie said...

Touta,

They will inshaAllah :)
You'll enjoy google earth but time yourself. I tend to forget myself flying here and there!

Khalid,

delete this comment or your wife will come and write me threating for introducing you to these guys. She'll hate me. Oh you don't have a wife **relieved after worrying about the left behind children**

Why do you think Touta is stalking you? I thought it was the other way around and it's you who's doing the stalking :P

and Yes, you did mention you like the post :)


David,
First time I tried Google Earth I was at friends or someone's office. I thought "wow, fast internet" and I checked our home. Surprisingly, the tanks body still on our roof above my sister's room. I kept thinking of the sort of radiation going there!

1/23/2009 12:28 PM  
Blogger Touta said...

khalid,
*shakes head* for the record you mentioned the stalking, so technically you have more stalker tendencies. :D

Hi attawie!!
google earth is annoying me, i keep zooming in to realise the buildings dont get any more 3D. I feel some kind of achievement at pointing out houses. hehe.

1/24/2009 2:19 AM  
Blogger David said...

Attawie, how did a tank get onto your roof!?

I don't know how there can be radiation unless the tank was carrying depleted uranium ammunition. I wish that such weapons did not exist! The fragments of uranium left after the explosion can poison people for many years into the future.

1/24/2009 4:22 AM  
Blogger attawie said...

David,

check my new post :)

1/24/2009 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home