Thursday, January 01, 2009

Checking "My life list to do"

I'm not a big fan of New Year activities and such but I have to admit it does implement certain significance regarding checking "my life list to do".


Stuff I liked about 2008 (I can call them personal victories)(not in a specific order, well maybe just the first two):

First personal exhibition
Participated in two painting competitions and won third place in both.
Decided to take double majoring MBA and still working on my thesis
Co-organized a training program and delivered the icebreaker
First time to meet deaf and mute group of people and communicate with them
Took a class of Ice skiing
Tried water jet skiing for the first time
Had my eye fixed with Lasik surgery
Learned some new techniques and tricks in drawing
Was able to attend a play by kids for Refugee world day
Met khlalid jarrar and his mom faiza alaraji
Went to 4D theater
Forced a ball to rest in peace in its final destination, the pocket during playing billiard (naah that's nothing)
Impressed myself and others in the cooking field
Went to several international exhibitions which visited UAE
Went to Dubai Tennis Championship Final (Feliciano Lopez played beautifully and Roddick was rude. if it wasn't for his serve he wouldn't win.. oh and I have to say I had a VIP seat as a gift for my birthday from a friend but that I didn't occupy and moved to the public seats but still close enough to the American ambassador and heard Roddick when he said "there's so much crap is going on.. let's stop the game" So unprofessional to say that to your audience and the ambassador who came to see the game! oh I was supporting Lopez and did carry Spain flag)

Got rid of the 4th wisdom teeth
Found many of my old friends on facebook
Tasted crab for the first time among many other adventures in food

Ghada and nassir got married and they are waiting for a baby (I'm so happy for them and wish them the best) :D
N gave birth to her second child Totti (what a lovely child)
Obama won and Bush got what he deserved
Got 7aboob and ma7boob :D (my cell phone and laptop)

Not so cool stuff (there were much more but somehow they skip the mind :D )
Had to say goodbye to Rabab (teacher of History of Art who became a good friend of mine)
Got 3 fish: Kha'9ra, pinky and burtoqala, who eventually died
Adopted 7ashara and pet her for almost two weeks before she left this world

Can’t think of anything else right now
Sorry if i forgot something but if I remembered something i would update the post.

That's all for now
And for 2008

Happy New year everyone

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Touta said...

Ayamich saeeda!!!
Have a wondeful new year!, and will try desperatley hard not to copy your post idea. hhhhhh

lots and lots of love
touta

1/01/2009 10:29 PM  
Blogger attawie said...

Thank you dear, same to you.

Don't worry, i remember I did steal the idea of the post for a friend two years back or more :)

1/01/2009 11:27 PM  
Blogger David said...

Attawie, I think you have done more new things in the last year than I have done in the last five years! ;)

I wish you a very happy new year! :) I hope 2009 will be a great year for you!

1/03/2009 11:18 AM  
Blogger attawie said...

Thanks David :)
Same to you. The famous line I use in any occasion in Arabic is "ta7qeeq el amani"

tahqeeq = to come true
al amani = the wishes

all in all = may your wishes come true :)

1/03/2009 3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home