Saturday, December 27, 2008

Pray for Gaza

I was writing about how I enjoyed the previous week with my uncle's family visit and I did finish writing and was about to publish it but the weather is so gloomy for that excitement. It felt silly to be happy about it. The news about Gaza is very frustrating. Seeing the black smoke arise in the sky of Gaza reminds me of videos of Baghdad that we saw only after the war was "over".

News about Iraq are not promising at all but I still have hope. I just have to.

The flu caught me again and maybe that's what's frustrating me the most.

I feel tragic. so here's what's going on my mind.

Grandma said: bring them after schools
I wish to see the sweet little ones.
Assured her once and twice she would
But somehow promises were never kept.

Black clouds arising in the air
As bombs invades the village
Gaza was never the same
Watching news is how we spent the day

Innocent kids horrified at schools,
Mother panicking looking for the children
Father never made it home
That's how they spent their day

Lunch turning to coals on the stove
Broken china shattered on the ground
Meals never served on tables
And that's how they spent their day

That's all for now
And pray for Gaza

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Sana said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12/28/2008 5:27 PM  
Blogger Sana said...

فلسطين في القلب مثل العراق في القلب، اتمنى ان تزال هذه الغيمة السوداء من على ارضنا العربية ، و نتخلص من كل عدو وعميل في بلادنا

12/28/2008 5:29 PM  
Blogger Touta said...

i will. i try to stop myself from watching news now, just because of the unfairness of it all. Great pots. :)

12/28/2008 11:09 PM  
Blogger attawie said...

سنا.. اختي الصغيرة
مبروك انضمامك الى عالم المدونات

امييين :)

Dear Touta, I stopped watching too. It's so hurtful to watch the news and hear the cries of pain. it reminds me of what we've been through during war times.

take care of your study.

12/28/2008 11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Attawie, having read this only made me want to leave this comment and thank you for your solidarity with the Gazans in palestine, indeed so hurtful and makes you stop thinking, the feeling of this injustice is killing.
inshallah will keep reading your blog.

12/29/2008 12:56 AM  
Blogger attawie said...

Dear Noona,
Thanks for stepping by and leaving this comment. I wish there's something i can offer to Gaza other than my prayers.

12/29/2008 1:39 AM  
Blogger David said...

For the innocent people who have been killed, especially the children, I grieve. Israeli bombing of Gaza will not solve the problems that have led a few residents there to fire rockets into Israel. Israel has created a prison, a ghetto, for 1.5 million human beings. There are hundreds of thousands of young people there with no jobs and no hope for the future. To end the violence, something must be done to give the residents of Gaza hope.

I do not condone what those who fire rockets do. It is an evil action to indiscriminately fire bombs who can kill anyone. Yet the Israeli response is not so different. They are killing many innocents. That is wrong and also evil. I hope that a new cease fire can be arranged soon. After that, I don't know what will happen. I am not very optimistic.

12/29/2008 7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You all pray but nothing will happen! Israel will always have its way. Since its creation it committed horrific crimes against humanity and it escaped punishment. But whatever it gets from Hamas never bothers me because it was the one who created Hamas to undermine Fateh. Israel now you are reaping what you sowed !!

12/29/2008 9:49 AM  
Anonymous alvian said...

Attawie, I am very saddened by what happened in gaza, I hope they wait to face this problem. introductory greetings attawie

11/23/2010 10:24 AM  
Blogger attawie said...

Alvian,
Hopefully someday things will be better in Gaza.You're welcomed here.

11/23/2010 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home