Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Trab Attawie

So, life goes on and we move on...

My sister and I were chatting the other day and she asked for the recipe of the banana sweet. She said A is keeping one of our dishes and refuses to give it back unless he's compensated with another dish of this sweet.

It seems before I leave Jordan, four years back, (FOUR YEARS ALREADY!!!) anyways, it seems that I made him this sort of sweets and he's been asking my sister to make it or at least teach him how to make it. I told my sister everything step by step and then told her to put extra biscuits until it feels like there's sand in the mouth and that's how the name was given to this sort of sweets. Trab al milook (king's sand).

The recipe requires the sort of white cream that was an Iraqi brand, Qish6at Canoon. another ingredient was Biscuit Mary, also found in Iraq only. I told her what to do and what substitutes that can she use in Amman. Then I was inspired to prepare it myself.

Lazy me, didn't want to change and go downstairs for shopping, I put ready made cream whip. Since it was to creamy I add Cerelac to thicken it. Yep guilty, I still eat Cerelac :D

And since I'm too lazy to write right now, enjoy these photos to know the rest.

White cream


Crushed biscuits

Mashed bananas

Mix

Add Walnuts and almond

Spread on a dish and cover it with crushed biscuits


Enjoy




It was very delicious but still not the trab al milook I used to prepare in Iraq. It was sort of trab al milook minus Biscuit Mary and Qish6at kanoon.. that's how I came up with the name Trab Attawie

That's all for now
and taste Trab al Milook in Baghdad

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger MixMax said...

This would not be complete without some coffee with it ;)

3/25/2009 2:04 AM  
Blogger attawie said...

To some people I'd say true but for a girl like me who doesn't drink tea, coffee, sodas.. I can say it's complete :)

But I'll be glad if people like to have coffee with the sweets I prepare :)

3/25/2009 10:26 PM  
Blogger David said...

Mmmm, the Trab Attawie looks delicious! :D May I have a piece?

I never heard of Cerelac. What is that?

I am curious, why don't you drink coffee, tea, or soda? I drink a little tea, rarely coffee, and almost never soda. Caffeine does not agree with me. As for soda, I drank gallons of the stuff as a kid, but the high sugar content is not healthy, so I pretty much stopped.

3/26/2009 6:18 AM  
Blogger Michomeme said...

Hey what is this, it looks so yammy, I still remember taste till now, you remember when you came to our house in that Ramadan several years ago and made it for us?

don't be shy, we all like to eat Cerelac.. it is soo yammy


David, Cerelac is a kind of food for children only. :)

3/26/2009 11:16 AM  
Blogger Lynnette In Minnesota said...

Hmmm...could I, like, maybe, drizzle a little chocolate over it? :)

3/27/2009 12:50 AM  
Blogger attawie said...

David, I've been preparing this sweet for the last four days. Sorry to say that the family really like it and nothing is left but I'm sure it's gonna take 15 minutes to prepare the next dish and then you can have a piece :)

Cerelac as Micho said is food for infant. check this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerelac

Since I was a child I never had any interest in drinking tea or any of the rest drinks adults have. and I just grew up this way but they say I made the best turkish coffee ever if you care for a cup :)
As for sodas, they are just not that healthy.

Micho,
Yes, you remembered! it is the same sweet. Do you remember how the kitchen was a total mess after we finished cooking that day. Good old days.

Ok then, I'm not shy anymore. I EAT CERELAK :D

Lynnette,
Yep, why not. I'll try that next time. That's inspiring :D

3/27/2009 12:04 PM  
Blogger زهرة الراوي said...

ممممممممممم عاشت إيدج ..
شكلهة كللللش طيبة

4/25/2009 8:08 PM  
Blogger attawie said...

بالعافية
تريدين بعد؟
:)

4/25/2009 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home