Sunday, March 01, 2009

Bloggers' Meeting... Yet another Chapter

OMG I deleted something and it turned out it's Amman's diary. There were two copies so I decided to delete the other and it turned out that was a different folder but the same name! Thanks God I've got this post as drafts.

I keep digging in my Recycle Bin hopping that I can retrieve the folder but no use.

Chapter No.7
Meeting Melanterys


When I first arrived to Amman, I was staying with my mother's cousin. They had ADSL and I thought I was blessed to have such a fast internet. But I just reached Amman and I had a lot of things to do and many people to see so I didn't have enough time to be online or post. Nevertheless, I used to check my e-mail or skype for a very short while before sleeping. And that's how I started to receive e-mails from Mel. She asked me about the weather and what to wear. After about a week of e-mailing each others I moved to the new flat where there was no landline i.e. no internet.
I never chatted with Mel nor e-mailed her before. But I read her posts and every now and then and I would leave her a comment. At the same time she used to leave me some comments and we used to communicate in Anarki's, the Kid's or Morbido's blogs.

When Mel reached Amman, I was busy with my sister's wedding. I had plans to invite Mel so she would see an Iraqi wedding but there was a misunderstanding, I thought she was arriving midnight Aug.15 and turned out she was arriving the night before. A stupid mistake. And when I found out that she has arrived I thought it was too late and my grandma kept scolding me for not inviting her. Anyway, after the wedding Anarki called and said there's the gang is planning another meeting. So I set the time and place and we all met again in al Hussain Park.

.................................................

The rest of the diary has vanished and I'm glad I posted the previous chapters. At least they are retrievable. But I'm very sorry about the rest, especially the next chapter which was titled as "Two Archeologist Women". But you can read about it on Melantrys' blog.

I have a flu and I'll keep lamenting about the folder so

That's all for now
And... I'm sniffing some more

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger C.H. said...

These bloggers meetings sound really cool. Have you guys thought of holding another one someday? Maybe I will be able to attend :)

3/01/2009 8:55 PM  
Blogger attawie said...

Well, there must be something going on here or there and there are meetings but we don't hear about them.

You may ask other bloggers who are in Baghdad, Jordon or Syria. It's easier for them to meet.

But who knows anyways, we could be meeting next summer :)

3/01/2009 9:50 PM  
Blogger David said...

The diary file that you accidentally deleted should be recoverable. You just need the right software. You can probably download a program for free that would help you. Anarki might know of one.

I remember Mel's post about the two archaeologist women who explored the ancient trash cave. ;)

I hope you feel better soon!

3/02/2009 7:40 AM  
Blogger attawie said...

The thing is I had it on a flash disk because I wrote it in Amman. and when I came back to the UAE I got myself a new PC. While transferring files I got a copy on the pc but the original was still on the flash disk.

With a stupid mistake I replaced the Word Doc. thinking that they were the same but it turned out that one of them is only the published posts and that's what I'm left with.

Oh but I found some old poems I wrote in Amman and notes about books I read there.. plus a weird dream :D yep I have this habit of writing weird dreams :D

3/02/2009 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home