Friday, February 06, 2009

Amman's Diary - Iraqi Bloggers' Meeting

Chapter No.3
Meeting Hala_S and Zeyad


It was Anarki too; the one who arranged this meeting after Morbido has arrived. The Mall was also the place of this event, same reason: everybody knows how to get there. Hala escaped from Beirut after the war started and she came to Amman and decided to meet the Iraqi Bloggers. This plan worked good for all of us and we had fun meeting the whole gang.
Anarki and Hala were waiting for Morbido and me at the gate. Morbido's mom and sister, Micho, were there too. But Micho was too shy to stick with the gang. The Kid joined us later.

Talking about Iraq and our memories and how we spent war times and how we handled living there after the war. We talked about our plans for the future.
Hala was leaving the next day so there wasn't any chance to meet her again at least on this visit. I hope I can meet her again someday. She is such a nice lady, well educated and open-minded.

About an hour passed and Zeyad didn't show up. He called the guys and apologized about being late and that he was busy meeting some people too. When he joined us and said hi to all of us he turned to me and said how are you "Named a Name"? I told him I don't know whom he was talking about. He was mistaken me with someone else. He read about me from Morbido's blog. But ironically I've heard about that "Named Name" story. It seems that we run in the same circles.

Asking a guy on the next table to take some photos for us marked the ending of that meeting.
…………………………………………………..
Next day Morbido, Anarki, the kid and I, and we had fun going to the movies. We saw Pirates of the Caribbean. It was one of the best disgusting movies I've ever seen and the most hilarious. WE HAD FUN.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Attawie, I should say a few words of thanks to Zeyad. It was his blog that first opened the door for me to meet other Iraqi bloggers. So, thank you Zeyad! :)

I really like the Pirates of the Caribbean movies too. Johnnie Depp is a very good actor! I have Dead Man's Chest on tape, but I have not watched it yet. I should do that. :)

2/08/2009 11:40 AM  
Blogger attawie said...

Yes, true. He's one of the pioneers.

David, you should watch that movie! It is something. I like weird movies like this one. The movies is a piece of art for me :) specially the ship.

The first scene is one of the scenes I won't forget. oh And the fight scene between Jack Sparrow and Will Turner is just hilarious :)

2/08/2009 5:07 PM  
Blogger C.H. said...

Zeyad is interesting...I have never really agreed with much of what he writes but I am a frequent visitor to his blog.

If I were to thank someone, it would be As'ad the Angry Arab (again, don't really agree with his views). It was his blog that opened MY door to the Iraqi blogosphere and has helped me make some wonderful friends :D

2/10/2009 5:05 AM  
Blogger C.H. said...

Oh, and Pirates of the Carribean is one of my favorite movies!

2/10/2009 5:06 AM  
Blogger attawie said...

C.H.

Blogs are like that, they are sort of addiction. Once you're introduced to one then it takes you to the next level i.e. the next blog. And so on you keep on searching and reading.

Salam Pax (first iraqi blogger) once said on discovering blogs, that blogs speaks to him. and that's how he started being addicted on blogs and blogging :D

2/10/2009 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home