Friday, February 20, 2009

Meeting "Who Was There"


Chapter No.6
Meeting "Who Was There"


I've always been reading Iraqi blogs but never had the time to be a regular reader to most of them. On the other hand, my mother reads several blogs she likes and used to read almost daily. And that's how I heard about "I Was There". As my mother used to e-mail some bloggers she found out that she knew "I was there" and that he was her cousin's friend. While "the gang"=anarki, the kid, Morbido, Bassam, 24 and I in addition to my sister and cousin, were sitting in a café we were joined by Mr. I Was There and his family. At that moment I remembered what my mom told me about him and I told him about it and that this girl, my cousin, is his friend's daughter. He recalled a lot of memories about him and my relative and kept telling us stories.
He introduced us to his wife and three daughters. Just like any other Iraqi family, they were struggling to find a place to stay, schools for the girls and most important jobs.

After about a couple of hours talking and getting to know one another better and better, time flied really fast and I had to leave and go home.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

So, are you still in touch with Mr. I Was There or his family? How are they doing now? Would you like to share any details about them?

2/21/2009 11:33 AM  
Blogger attawie said...

No, not really. I think I should ask my mother or her cousin to contact him and check on them.

2/25/2009 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home