Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Anything But My Bathroom

So, the hour I spent today sterilizing my bathroom was unplanned. When jiddo (grandpa) came to visit last year, he stayed in my room and took over my bathroom. I spent about a year in the guest/maid/ laundry room or call it what you will. It's a small room with its bathroom where I spent most of last year studying and preparing for my previous thesis. Such a small room where I used to sit on my office chair and move from here to here, because there was no there.

Back to jiddo's visit. Or right after that, when I discovered the seat of toilet was a bit loose. I told my dad to inform the maintenance back then. then jiddo came to visit again and it was all forgotten. Then my sister Sana finished her study and came to live with us. With her first visit to the bathroom she fixed the loose seat! Thanks Sue :D

Last month I came from Jordan and found the seat loose again. Told dad to inform the maintenance department and next day they came and fixed it. Thanks BUT from that day I noticed spots of water, then bigger wet areas and my sister checked and said the tank is leaking. "So they fixed the seat to break the tank" I believe. We informed the maintenance and they sent a worker and oh my he said the tank is leaking! I thought "we told you so!"

So we waited almost two weeks! and today they sent Mr Know-How-To-Fix-Things and he did fix the tank. While Atta doing her mission of sterilizing the bathroom she discovered now the seat is terribly loose. So they came to fix the tank and break the seat!

First time I tried to flush the toilet an aircraft was in the air. But the sound was sort of coming from the tank! OMG then it landed there I think and a bomb sound was made to announce "the tank is Full" :S

What I am annoyed about is not the broken things or fixing them or the aircraft sound. I'm only annoyed about the idea of a stranger in my bathroom. You should see me, hiding inside my room telling dad to watch the man and not let him touch a thing. I never go in and never want to see someone there. A couple of times I would ask dad what did the worker exactly touch in the bathroom. Dad rolls his eyes and mumbles a couple of words and mention an OCDic friend and move on with his life, while I keep scrubbing every inch in the bathroom.

That's all for now
I wish dad can fix it

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger marwa said...

Ur not the only one I always do that .... But
sometimes I go crazy about cleaning my bathroom!

12/10/2009 8:53 AM  
Blogger David said...

I happen to be quite proficient at fixing toilets. I have completely rebuilt maybe 10 of them over the years, and I have also installed a new one. It is not difficult and only requires simple tools. You are very handy with your artist's tools, so I have no doubt that you could learn to do it yourself if you wished. I would bet there are many YouTubes with handymen fixing just about anything. A loose seat is usually very easy to fix too. Just look under where the bolts go through. There should be a plastic nut under there. You can probably just tighten it by hand.

I like to watch programs about how to make and fix things. That's how I learned most of what I know. I am currently watching a program about how to make decorative wood boxes. I got the DVD from my library. I have many tools, both power and hand types, but I do not have a table saw. It is a very important tool for making boxes and other things, as well. Someday, I will have to buy one.

12/11/2009 12:28 PM  
Blogger nadia alkhafaji said...

uhhh, i loved it (funny story)

i think this room has been lived by many people, more than any other room in ur house...

u are always fixing it for someone comeing .... i think i am in love with that small full of stories room... and ahhh ofcourse the bathroom....

wonder who else will move in and join the list!

12/12/2009 12:59 AM  
Blogger Sana said...

I fixed the seat! :)

12/12/2009 10:44 PM  
Blogger attawie said...

@ Marwa,
It seems a lot of people are freaking out about their bathrooms, i discovered lately. thanks for your comment :)

@ David,
My sister fixed it just like thought, without any need for any sort of tools!

I like tools at home they are handy for fixing stuff. Unfortunatly all my tools are in my atelier, about 15 minutes drive away :) and I was thinking of getting the table saw too!

@ Nadia, Yeah, I love our small room and I'm planning to move their again, I think! And yes, there was a new visitor this time and I'm glad you met him ;)

@ Sana, thanks sis!

12/13/2009 4:13 PM  
Blogger Blogger said...

I will comment with a simple ":-)"

2/08/2010 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home