Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Clock is Ticking

The clock is ticking
The bell is tolling
They all attempt to alarm you
For the need of the good deed you must do

The clouds are gathering
The birds are hovering
The attempts never stop
When you are in need of good deeds to lift you up

Eyes are staring
Hell is stirring
Everybody wants to save you
So you won't be a member of the black army

The wind blew
Children grew
You are standing still
In the same spot where you were killed

Waiting for an angel
Or would it be a devil
Will you be dragged to hell?
Or will you be lifted up to heaven

The clock is ticking
Declaring the coming
Of an imaginary demon
To disturb the living
On earth and heaven

She sleeps with no motion
Her face with no emotion
She keeps saying her prayer
Asking for salvation for her lover

He runs in panic
With each tick frantic
He, a blasphemous neurotic,
Yet she prays for him, oh how ironic!

Tick-tack, the clock is ticking
Run fast, from your fate you can't keep fleeing
Tick-tack, time is running
Run fast, but you can do nothing
You'll try to runaway
Want to getaway
Find another day
But you are doomed to your misery.

2 Comments:

Blogger Morbid Smile said...

When I first read the poem, I had many different images in mind. In the first lines, I thought that you were talking about Doom's Day, and how that there are signs and signals showing us that it's near ( you know, like in those email we get from mailing groups..), and how that man must do the good things, pray more to God and
repent from his sins..

I still had the same image in the
secod stanza. In the third stanza, when I read the "black army", I thought you were talking about a terrorist who wants to blow up himself in the middle of a local market or a public place! Don't laugh, please!!

In the fourth stanza, the image had changed a bit, and I was thinking of a dead person who was killed somehwere, and that people continued with their lives but he stayed in his same place.. the grave. Or it's more likely that the terrorist in the third stanza was still stubborn and refused to repent and gave up to brain-washing, and that people around moved on and left him all alone cuz he refused to listen and save his life..

In the following stanzas, it was the time when death was everywhere and Doom's Day was already there.

"She keeps saying her prayer
Asking for salvation for her lover" .. I was thinking that someone was praying to save the life of that terrorist before it's too late!

"He runs in panic
With each tick frantic
He, a blasphemous neurotic,
Yet she prays for him, oh how ironic!".. Now, here, I was thinking that he was running to his destination to blow up himself with despare, and yet she was still praying that he would change his mind and come back!!!

That was a first-reading analysis! Funny, ha? :)

My mind is not functioning well these days! Tell me your opinion and I'll tell you more..

2/12/2006 1:43 AM  
Blogger attawie said...

amesh.. welcome here..
Time is more than golld indeed and I believe if we master time, not only the ticking clock, but a thorough stude to the past and the present we can have a good sight to the future.

Hi Smiley..
when I wrote the poem I wanted to show that God give us a chance to change ourself and repent and add good deeds as you can see all over the poem. "it's not too late to repent".

The person who was killed, who doesn't know if his good deeds are enough, he doesn't know if he would go to heaven or to hell.

The girl prays and not only for herself but to her beloved. Even after she died she says her prayers. In this stanza I wanted to assure those who have much good deeds that they are not alone, all those who love them pray with them.

But he "a blasphemous neurotic" who in a way or another, doesn't believe nor have much good deeds. He run fast when the Doom's Day comes and can't escape his destiny. But she still prays for him "how ironic"

You do all your best to be on the safe side, away from the "Black army" which stands for the Devil's army in Hell.

I know my poems seems darck but I'm trying my best to change the kind of lyric I like to change the bloody images I write about.

Take care

2/19/2006 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home