Friday, November 04, 2005

My Assignment

Since I have been away for a while, I have to show I'm still on track. So… here is my assignment. A little bit late but something is better than nothing.

I have to skip the seven bloggers I want to pass this tag to because I don't know many bloggers and those whom I read had already done it.


Seven Things I plan to Do:
1.Get my MA and PhD
2.Work and pay my own bills
3.Take care of my parents emotionally and financially
4.Write (at least) a novel and publish my writing.
5.Jogging and exercising daily.
6.Have my hair cut really short (boyish) again. Or leave it to get a foot longer than what is it now.
7.Have my own family and raise my kids.

Seven Things I Can Do:1. Read books without getting bored.
2.Stay hungry, thirsty and awake as long as I want.
3.Sing on and on until my voice fades away.
4.Stay calm even if someone is bothering me without being angry.
5.Stay in my room and never see anybody for days.
6.Play violin even if every body want me to stop.
7.Bother any one I want and anytime (I'm really good in this).

Seven Things I can't do:
1.Stop believing in God and praying (which is I'm thankful of).
2.Say no to someone asking me politely. (It really gets me into troubles).
3.Stop joking at people (even friends and family).
4.Stop watching series, even old episodes I've seen before (specially: F.R.I.E.N.D.S, Becker, Mad About You… oh my God, it's getting a long list. Even movies).
5.Lit an oven to back or cook anything.
6.Iron clothes. (I burn most of them).
7.Be someone else. I can imitate people but can't be but me. ( I am who I am what else could I be).

Seven things I say most often:
1.I don't know. (ma adri, ma a3ruf)
2.I'm not sure.
3.I'll try.
4.I can't
5.Never mine
6.No way! (I used to imitate someone and then it stuck on me)
7./sh/. My grandma says I use this sound a lot like in Arabic word "how" (شلون)


that's it for now.. I have to go to sleep..
I went to dine in Dubai's city center.. then i went to Turath village.. I went with my parants, grandma, my uncle's family and a relative.

my relative's side front door was broken.. I had to step to the car from the back door and jump to the front seat.. I haven't done this for so so long..

we had fun. but the trafic jam was killing.

now I really have to go.
good night my little world.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carl Gregory Admin. said...

I’m glad to see that you are posting again, I enjoy reading your blog. It’s good to hear that you are enjoying your new apartment. Sorry to be nosy, but is your family a refugee from the fighting in Iraq? My wife is a refugee from Burma (Myanmar), and as her husband, I have the same status. What is interesting is that I am an American, which you might think funny.

Since I chose to marry my wife and enter this limbo land I can really sympathize with your wish to be able return home to Iraq. Unfortunately, it is likely that my wife will never be able to return to live in her country in the foreseeable future. We’re stuck in Thailand waiting for the U.S. Government to issue her a visa. My wife’s visa has been delayed indefinitely because of their “security concerns”.

In the meantime, my wife is considered an illegal alien by the Thai government because they have never signed any of the conventions relating to refugees and is subsequently subject to arrest all the time.

Anyway, I really hope that the situation stabilizes soon in Iraq so that you can go back to your home.

Have a nice weekend,

Sam

11/04/2005 12:51 PM  
Blogger ahmed said...

Dude! (or in ur case, Duda! since u're a female)
Ur posts are all very enjoyable to me in particular...what struck me in ur last post is that u PLAY VIOLIN...god i've been looking for someone like u in a long time, please write back...i play guitar and i am interested in music in general and playing with others...plus pretty much all in between, please please write me back and check my blog...
btw, i enjoyed ur virginia wolf post lots...

11/04/2005 7:01 PM  
Blogger attawie said...

hi Sam.. thanks for passing by and reading my posts..
my family and I left Iraq after 6 months after the war.
we are waiting for the situation in Iraq to be better to go back.
although it seems it won't be a couple of years.. we are stay in UAE for now and who knows where we will go next.

Hi Kid.. a thank to u too for reading my post. I really enjoy reading urs. I'm just a confused girl like you but i lack the courage to admit it.

11/04/2005 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home