Thursday, November 03, 2005

My New World

At last I'm back to almost a normal life. We finished packing and we slept for the first night in the new flat. It's feels like home unlike other times we moved to a new home before. The thing that amazes me is that the PC is in my room. This something didn't happen since the first 2 PCs we bought 1997-1999. After those years we had 2 PCs but it would wage a war. My sisters and I, each one of us, wanted one of the PCs in her room. My parents refused this idea and latter got rid of one of the PCs. So… it's nice to have a computer in my room again.
I also have a good closet, better than the one I had in Amman. It's with 4 huge doors with drawers and a big mirror inside. Many shelves and places for shoes. The bathroom is just one meter across my door. But this is the same as in Amman.
What else new? The CD player is in my room too. I used to say that my room is my world but now… could I be more blessed in this world? Sure I have 2 beds but it's temporary as long as my grandma is here. I don't know if I would just get rid of one of them or just join them to make one BIG bed. Mostly I will keep the bed as long as Haneen is coming to stay with me in December God's willing.
I found a new channel on the radio. It reminded me of the V.O.Y-FM back in Baghdad. I'm listening to this station which is called channel four. Some songs that I haven't heard for many years are on air. All these songs remind me of many things happened in my teenage life. The song playing now is by Celina (I'm dreaming of u tonight...or something like that). You might hear it in J.lo's movie. The song she sings on the roof of a house dreaming of the stage.
Old songs like savage garden (I knew I loved you before I met you), I haven't heard this song since 2003. Or (no I can't stop loving you.) which I don't remember who sings it.
And new songs by the Backstreet Boys I haven't heard before. I feel ignorant not knowing these songs.

I'm writing this off line and hoping that I could post it soon. We are still waiting for our earth line to be transferred.

My uncle with his family will arrive tomorrow. 3 kids… I don't know if I'll be able to write anything. But I wrote on paper the last 2 days. I'll try to type them so I might post them.

Hope to get on line soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Morbid Smile said...

Heeeey! Happy Eid for you girl, wish you all the best. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying the new apartment. My PC is not in my room anymore! It's cuz of the electricity!!


Hope to hear from you soon ;) LOVE LOVE LOVE!

11/03/2005 10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home