Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A Reply to "A Multi-entries Post"

Notes:
1. I started writing this post as a comment on Morbid Smile’s post “A multi-entries Post” then it turn out to be a very long comment so I decided to post it here as I haven’t posted for a while.
2. My sisters came to visit from Jordan last week and I was busy with them. They are staying for two weeks more.
3. My mom’s uncle died 3 days ago (May he rest in peace). I wanted to dedicate a post to him but I kept postponing it. I don’t feel to write now.


Yes, indeed. There is something wrong with us, Iraqis, with blogging. For the last two weeks I’ve been writing almost everyday but I just don’t publish them. Why? Still trying to figure it our. I thought there was nothing to write but when I start writing everything comes up. It seems I want to talk about many things but don’t know from where to start.

My Muse was around most of the times but the problem is I’m listening to too much Evanescence, too much Metallica that all my images are dark and about death. (You read my last poem) I should try to listen to something else. I used to write love poems when I was studying Shakespearean sonnets. Then I turned to monologues and psycho-like genre after reading Virginia Wolf’s stories. My sister’s friend once told me I needed a rebellion kind of poems. With what’s going on in the world I do believe I need to do so.


Lately, I too, discovered I talk a lot to myself (especially in English). First I thought that’s just because I don’t have much friends around these days, my sisters were away BUT now I know you must add a third freak if you like : ) but I remember one of our teachers said that we should think in English to speak perfect English. So no need to worry.

About the lectures we had together in Baghdad University: Lectures should include discussions but our lectures were more like a monologue. I improved my English 50% in Jordan because our classes were small (maximum 15 students) more fun and you remember the lesson when you argue and support your point of view. Only one doc. Used to give us “one-side conversation” but he was in his late 70’s. The students were maximum 5, who used to sleep on the desk, except for me. I fell in love with the mind of this old man. And I used to wonder why I can’t find someone with this mentality in my age.

I forgot all about Saddam’s trial. It seems it’s just a show from both sides. But one thing keeps coming to my mind. I know there were innocents involved but what would any president (good or evil) do if there was an intention to assassinate him?

Dreams in English… not that weird. When I was 16, I remember I once dreamt I was a member of the Backstreet Boys…though I’m a girl. We had a concert and then we went home and we were all in my room talking about how it was a great night on the stage. And then they had to leave because AJ lives in an isolated area around Baghdad and it was getting late.
I woke up the next day bragging I dreamt of the BSB as if it was real.

That’s all for now,
Greetings for all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Morbid Smile said...

Hey, long time no post!

Too much Evanescence and too much Metallica?? Be careful, girl!! Write one of those Shakespearean sonnets, it will be so cool if you do so.

I remember your dream of the B.S.B. and how A.J.'s home was far away :) Old schools' dreams! Now what do you often dream of? For me, I always dream that I'm moving to a new home! (new home: new place and new country for the scholarship).. I'm having this dream continueously since few months before graduation!

I'm waiting for your new post ..

2/22/2006 3:32 AM  
Blogger attawie said...

Hi Smiley..

I haven’t listened to Metallica for 2 weeks nor Evanescence for five day. I try to keep myself positive and cheery but it doesn’t make any sense. I like Shakespearean sonnets but I’m afraid I might sound silly just like silly love songs.

I’m working on my novel;I wrote namy pages. I hope it won’t be a disaster. The story is trapped in my mind. I just need to put it down on paper.

The dreams I’m having now, just like you said, all about moving to a new place, new room and even driving a new car. I dream I’m hovering and walking on air. I think a lot before I sleep that sometimes it feels like I’m talking in my sleep and my mind is still working.
Few days ago I dreamt I was singing with Nicole Kidman in the Mouline Rouge!!
oh, and I dreamt I'm giving you my blog's password and was telling you it's about time to change it!!

Take care, and believe me I’m waiting for my new post too :)

2/22/2006 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home